Home > About Polpharma > History
A Polish Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant “Polpharma was established in Starogard Gdański.
Polpharma was nationalised. Two chemists Zygmunt Gmaj and Jerzy Sumczyński - become the managers of the facility.
The company started the production of sulfathiazole a popular bacteriostatic drug.
The planťs name was charged to “Starogardzkie Zakłady Farmaceutyczne”.
The company was incorporated into the Pharmaceutical Industry Union “Polfa”.
A Plant Research Laboratory began operation.
The production of pharmaceutical substances grew, followed by the production of finished dosage forms: tablets and ampoules.
The company developed and modernised its infrastructure.
The company exceeded 3000 employees. Exports of pharmaceutical substances and medicines represented approximately 50% of the company’s sales. The products of Starogard-based ‘Polfa” were sold to 60 countries on all
Polpharma Group B.V.COC: Amsterdam nr. 33250246© Polpharma Group B.V. 2021. All rights reserved.
Herengracht 480, 1017 CB Amsterdam, The Netherlands+31 (0)20 705 4800